Friday, December 7, 2007

Once There Was a Snowman

We woke up to snow today!Jacob and Joshua have always wanted to build a snowman and today was the day. We started out really well but by the time the base was done, so was Nathan. He'd had enough. I told the boys we'd finish while he was taking a nap. They weren't satisfied with that.Together they just kept on working and working. So the base of our snowman turned out to be the snowman. (Oh well, as long as they're happy.)They certainly had something in mind. It just had to be a certain way. They wanted my scarf (none other would do) and a hat and a carrot and they needed rocks too. Nathan and I truly enjoyed watching them...from inside.I thought I had taken all necessary precautions before taking the LONG TIME to bundle them all up but lo and behold Josh had to "poop." Jake LOVES the snow and wouldn't come in for ANYTHING...not even a potty treat. Josh fed him his jellybeans from the door.Jake kept at it until he was content with his creation.

May I present the snowman.

3 comments:

Grandma Nelson said...

This is the BEST snowman I have ever seen! Good job boys.

JoAnna Anderson said...

Beautiful snowman! I've never seen a cuter bunch of "snowmen" in my life. I can't believe the amount of snow you guys got! We get rain & wind- yea!

Olivia said...

Very cute snowman. I love the pink fluffy scarf.... its a nice touch. I'm with you. Snow id beautiful from inside the house but once that cold chill hits I'm done. Kid love it though. How fun.