Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The BEST gift

Probably the favorite birthday gift of all was the visit from Grandma and Grandpa Nelson. Grandma helped Jake fill his pinata. Grandpa was the hero when it came to transformer building with Jacob.Jacob and Joshua loved playing baseball out back with Grandpa and Dad. Everyone had to get a snuggle in...except for Nathan who was snuggling in his bed for a nap.

It was wonderful to have Grandma and Grandpa come stay with us and to spend time with them. BUT they are not allowed to come back any time soon...when they leave it reminds me how much I miss them.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

oh my gosh Jake looks os much like your mom!!!!!! the one with the pinata in it is just adorable. They have the same expression. I love your mom. She is the sweetest and always makes it a point to talk to me when i see her. Hwo fun for them to come visit.

Rachel B. said...

Okay, I'm not trying to kiss up to anybody, but I am shocked at how young your parents look. I seriously was a little baffled at first when I read "grandma and grandpa." That's so nice that they were able to come out.

The Kahumokus said...

Okay, EVERYONE is shocked at how young my parents are...a compliment to them but not so much to me! (Do I look so old that my parents should be bed ridden?) I guess that's what you get when you're the oldest child. I wonder if my youngest brother is ever told how young his parents are...

Kathryn said...

It's so cool that your parents were able to come visit for Jake and Nathan's birthday. I'm glad you guys had a good time!