Monday, July 7, 2008

July 4th Breakfast and Parade

Hope everyone had a super fourth of July! We started ours off bright and early (I had to wake the kids) with a ward breakfast and parade at the park. The boys loved being in a "parade."Actually our whole family was in the parade because Nathan rode in the wagon and needed a puller. That took up one parent.Jake is uncontrollable on his bike and needed some guidance. That took up the other parent. (I could just picture him taking out the entire parade...) He wasn't very happy that we wouldn't let him loose.Thank heavens Josh is still content with training wheels and was completely and totally independent. Goooo, Joshua!Here's the whole parade crew.The boys enjoyed playing volleyball. I use the term volleyball loosely...there was a net.Jake and Josh want nothing more than to be big and these big boys are so nice to include them and treat them like they're big. Jake was in ready position! Jake and Josh were both in heaven...UNTIL...Out of nowhere Josh just took off running. He didn't say a word, he just had this intense look in his eye and he was off. I was a little confused. Then I saw that someone was on his bike. He was ticked and I was scared. I grabbed Nathan and I started running. I was hoping and praying Josh didn't reach the kid and throw him to the ground before I could get there. Willie saw what was going on and he started running too. (Poor kid testing out the bike thought the whole family was after him!)

We were yelling, "No, Josh, no!" By the time we caught up to the pair, Josh was in tears and yelling (luckily no physical violence occurred) and the little boy on the bike jumped off and ran away. Whew! That was a close one.

Josh hopped on his bike and rode it back over to the volleyball game. He parked it on the grass right by the net so he could keep a closer eye on it. Don't mess with Josh (or his extremely long tongue) he's not one to just take things lying down.I also caught some action over at the sack races. Go girls, go!While everyone had their fun, Nathan and I kept busy. Boy-oh-boy is he busy. We tried a bit of everything.It was a great way to start off our Independence Day!

7 comments:

Grandma Nelson said...

So fun! Who's Nathan's wagonmate? She's cute:)

Cynthia said...

You had me in tears laughing about Josh. I can only imagine !

Katie said...

I was laughing out loud at Josh and the stolen bike story. I can just picture all you guys chasing after the poor kid, and it's even funnier that you have a picture of it!

Karen said...

That reminds me of my son (22 months) beating up on a little girl who tried on his shoes. I thought that would be the death of her. Not a pretty sight. That breakfast looks so fun. I want my ward to do that!

Unknown said...

looks like you had alot of fun. Even with Joshe's bike drama lol. I grew up going to my grandparents on my dad side to visit. During the summers he always had the old fashion ice cream maker out making Strawberry ice cream. Love it too!

hoLLy said...

that story about the bike thief is hilarious! picturing your whole family running is a riot:) he he. don't mess with the kahumokus! they'll getcha! :)

kirsten said...

Hey, how do you do your pictures of Nathan all together like that? I see it everywhere but don't know how. Walk me through it, will you?