Friday, September 18, 2009

In My Pretty Garden...

the veggies are growing!Lettuce and cabbage!Cucumbers!

The boys who picked the cucumbers!Carrots!Peas!Cherry tomatoes!Potatoes!


We've also grown (but not photographed) strawberries, cantelope, onions, corn, green beans, parsley, basil, and thyme. See the stool sunk into the dirt? That's my pregnant-mama weeding stool!

We also didn't grow watermelons, pumpkins, and peppers. Not quite sure what happened there because last year we didn't have any problems. Maybe I got them in too late.

New to the garden this year...Roses!Beautiful, sweet-smelling roses. I have to cut the flowers to appreciate them, or I guess I could lie down on the ground to get a whiff...the plants are still quite small!

I never thought I would find gardening exciting. I always thought of it as a grandma hobby. BUT I'm hooked and the boys love it almost as much as I do.

7 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Holy amazing! We plan on doing a garden next summer. Looks like you're the lady to get advice from. That's fantastic!

Unknown said...

How FAB. beautiful roses too! Hope all goes well with the delivery, I can't wait to see a pic of him. Take care!

Carol Swift said...

Beautiful veggies and gorgeous roses!

jjjensenfamily said...

Wow, that looks like a professional garden. I may have to get tips on how to get the soil ready for a garden--I'm considering doing one next year. And it has obviously been way toooo long since I've seen you and your boys because they look so much more grown up than the last time.

traske.melissa said...

wow nat that is amazing. you will have to give me tips on gardening when we get some land to garden on. any baby news?!

Olivia said...

Quite impressive. Garden veggies always taste so much better than the ones from the store. Love those roses too!

Maria said...

I am so jealous of your awesome garden! It looks great! I especially love how neat the raised beds make it look. Have the boys enjoyed eating some of it?