Monday, September 21, 2009

He's Here!!

We are thrilled to welcome our newest addition to the family! Willie and I were up early this morning. I needed to be at the hospital at 6:00 a.m. for my induction. One last pregnant picture before we headed off!I got all checked in and things went pretty fast. My doctor broke my water at 9:00 a.m., I got my epidural at 11:00 a.m., and Peter Makanaakua Kahumoku was born at 12:29 p.m.He's a big boy, weighing in at 9 pounds 10 ounces! (Boy, am I glad I got that epidural!)He is 21 inches long.And his head is 14 and 3/4. Did I mention I'm very fond of epidurals?Peter likes to suck on his fingers and has big hands... And big feet.Needless to say it was love at first sight for mom. See him trying to peek at me?Dad is just a little proud. I love how he wore his "Dad's Team" hat for the occasion.Peter got his first "bath" and was looking mighty fine. He had to get ready for his first visitors. Jenny and Sonia came to see the new baby boy.And then the real test to pass...the big brothers came to see their new little brother.They took a little peek at the baby's toes.Josh was smitten and was the first to hold "Petey" and his little "Stinky Pete."When I asked Nathan if he wanted to hold his baby brother, he said, "No, I scared of him." I assured him that Peter was just a baby and he bravely gave it a go.Jacob has never been fond of babies. He claims, "They're boring." He was more concerned with what kind of channels I got on my hospital TV. I didn't push it since he's been fighting a cold.Peter has had a busy first day and is quite a sleepy head right now. We are so happy to have him join our family! (And I'm so glad he's finally here!)

22 comments:

Kelly M said...

And less than 12 hours later you have it posted on the blog with pictures?! Way to go! Are you typing in the hospital bed? That's awesome. It gets so boring at the hospital anyway. :)

Peter is gorgeous! He looks like his brothers already. I especially love the chubby wrists. What a stud!

Congrats to all of you!!

JoAnna Anderson said...

Hey Natalie...you are amazing...a full blog post just hours after such an amazing event. I'm sure you've hardly had to soak it all in. Peter is darling & looks just like the rest! I can't wait to see & hear about all you new adventures ahead with 4 boys. What an inspiration you are. Take care and enjoy.

kirsten said...

Yeah, I'm so happy that he is here. And I love that his name is Peter. I love the picture of Nathan with him and of Peter peeking at you. Soak up all that newborn, I know that you love it and it doesn't last long. I wish I could come through and hold him for a few hours. Maybe in January. We love you so much and glad that everything went well and that you got that big beautiful boy out of you.

hoLLy said...

congratulations! another handsome young man! so glad it all went well and that you and baby pete are doing well. hope recovery is smooth for ya!

traske.melissa said...

wow natalie, i am glad that he is here and that you don't have to be pregnant any longer. thanks goodness for epidurals...he is so cute and i love that he already has the extra baby rolls.

Sarah said...

Congratulations NAtalie! You look gorgeous! I wish I looked that good after having a baby! He's a big boy. That's what Trenton weighed and I thought that was big until I had Katelyn at 9 lbs 15 oz. The hard part is carrying those bog babies! I bet you are glad to not e pregnant anymore. He's so precious!

Karen said...

Congratulations. He's beautiful!

Grandma Nelson said...

Welcome to the family Peter! Grandpa & I can hardly wait to see you, hold you and snuggle you. Good job Nat & Will! What a fabulous group of missionaries:)

Lindsay said...

Congratulations! What a cute group of boys!

Cynthia said...

I'm in love with him! You make beautiful babies!! He looks like a Kahumoku for sure. Congrats!

Carol Swift said...

You look fabulous after just a few hours of giving birth to that beautiful baby! Congratulations!

angie said...

apparently i have not been good at checking up on blogs the past NINE MONTHS. i had no idea you were even pregnant!! congrats! i'm glad everything went well and you and the little man are healthy. he is a BIG boy!! (i love eps too!!) take care and enjoy the little guy!

The Whittacres said...

Congrats to all of you! Welcome Peter!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just wanted to say congratulations on your beautiful new addition. Well done you. I`ve recently had my fifth baby. Feel free to stop by my blog and say Hi. You have a lovely family and a great blog.
I`ll be stopping by tomorrow when I have more time to have a good read and enjoy your pics.
Best wishes, Crazy x

Nat Lud said...

Congrats, Kahumoku Fam! You guys have such cute boys! So cute. Hope all is well!

Katie said...

Congrats, guys! Peter is so cute. I just love how big and chunky he is already. It makes me want to just pick him up and love him! And here, here about lovin' those epidurals!

Janna said...

Nat... he is darling! Congrats. I am still in awe with you... four boys. Wow! Go super mom. And where did this blonde come from in Nathan? I didn't even recognize him. Has it really been that long?? I know you probably have tons of help but please let me know if I can do anything. Miss you bunches! Congrats again!

Rachel B. said...

Congratulations guys! Glad everything went so well. Love the name and Natalie...you look amazing! Good work!

Tracey said...

Congratulations to you and the whole family, everyone looks so happy.

Sophia said...

Congratulations Natalie! I knew he was going to be over 9 pounds! Yes, thank goodness for epidurals! Peter is a lucky boy to have joined such a great family!

Caroline said...

Peter is adorable! Congratulations to all of you!! Welcome to the world of 4.

Unknown said...

CONGRATS NATALIE! you have some of the cutest boys I have seen. Peter (what a cute name) is darling! what a big baby.... HA! my last one was only 4 lbs. 6 and 7 lbs and 8 oz. were my 3! Peter is beautiful and looks like his dad and brothers. I am so happy for your family! HUGS HUGS HUGS!