Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bellevue, Washington 2008

It's fun to be married to such a good friend. Sometimes I forget this during all the chaos of regular life. Will and I had a blast together this past weekend.Saturday night we attended a big bash at the bowling alley. Bowling is not exactly our strong sport...But we had fun laughing at ourselves (and each other)!I'm a lot better at bowling with the kiddie bumpers up!
Willie clowned around playing pool but actually did pretty well. It must be all the practicing he does at home playing pool on the kids' table.Sunday night was the formal gala. The entertainment this year was great. During the reception time (before the dinner started) there were three girls hanging from the ceiling doing amazing tricks in these hoops. Will and I chilled on a leather sofas and ate appetizers and watched in awe.This was our table at dinner. Three of Willie's managers (and their guests), one employee (and guest) who was being honored for working for the company for five years, and me (Willie took the picture).Willie and I at dinner. Let's just say yummy!More amazing entertainment before the awards portion of the evening. Wow!We caught an early flight home Monday morning and were pretty tuckered out. It's nice to have a great friend to lean on.
Thanks again to my friend Jenny and Mom for making the weekend possible! The boys had a great time and so did we!

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

Wow! How'd you get that last picture?? I guess I should ask, "which one of you wasn't asleep?" It's great that you got to have a little time to yourselves! Duke took be bowling on our first date and I totally wasted him!! (Although he says it was because the lanes weren't greased properly.) I'm glad you guys had fun!

Kelly M said...

What a great getaway- always refreshing in so many ways. I'm getting a little jealous. . . :)

Carol Swift said...

It looks so fun! Your hubby cleans up pretty nice in that tux and you look so glamorous. Love the last picture, too!

Nat Lud said...

How fun. You two are so awesome. Glad you had a fun trip!

The Kahumokus said...

Another employee on the same flight took that lovely last picture of us. I'm just glad they were kind enough to not zoom in on the drool.

Rachel B. said...

How fun. And my gosh, you look absolutely gorgeous all dressed up.

Sarah said...

You look so georgous! What a fun weekend!

Janna said...

WOW!!! You look like you had a blast and you looked GORGEOUS!!!!!
We have NOT moved just yet. We are actually getting the ward together on the 29th at 10 to pack up all the furniture. So, we would love it if Willie came to help. We will miss you too!! Let's stay in touch!

And my performance is open to the public on Dec. 5 and 6th. I would LOVE it if you came. I would love it if anyone from the ward came. :) That would make me so happy! It's a really cute show. Anyways, love you Nat. Thanks for everything you've done for me. Keep in touch!